Sunday, November 24, 2013

Meet our Team Leader






I am Jane Dunn and am privileged to participate in the Ubuntu Zimbabwe Journey as leader.  I am a life-long Methodist/United Methodist.  My husband Richard and I have enjoyed 25 or more United Methodist Volunteer-in-Mission experiences to Panama, Honduras, Guatemala, Cambodia, Senegal, Chile, Belize and to disaster areas within the United States.
 

We have 3 adult children.  Two sons live in the Portland, Oregon area with their families and a daughter resides with her family in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.  We are the proud grandparents of  5 grandchildren ranging in age from 8 to 16.


I have a masters degree in Nursing.  My background includes experience as a hospital staff nurse, clinic work, a hospital service line manager and Assistant Professor at Lewis University School of Nursing’s Baccalaureate Program.  I am retired from full-time work but for the past 5 years have served as Consultant to the United Methodist General Board of Global Ministries as Manager of a Blog for Health Volunteers at www.umvim4health.blogspot.com .


While on an UMVIM experience in Cambodia, a United Methodist Medical Missionary Nurse named Irene Mparutsa served as one of our hosts.  Irene showed me the work she was doing regarding Community Health.  Irene is originally from Zimbabwe, is now retired and has returned home.  She will be volunteering to help host our group in February when we visit Zimbabwe. Pictured below is a photo of Irene and me during the Cambodia visit in 2007.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment